Legacy Builders strives to exceed the expectations of traditional contractor clients by delivering service levels that are typically available only to professional developers. Our unique Developer For Hire™ approach is collaborative and consultative resulting in far greater specificity at dramatically lower cost. The small, "hands on" firm was founded by an experienced home developer to offer a strategic and comprehensive approach to select Marin clients.
Before beginning construction, Legacy Builders provides a 179 category cost analysis developed specifically for your home, combined with a 230 step plan for creating the home. These are based on the plans provided, and the specifications are detailed for you. These will include at least two kitchen and laundry options (e.g., GE Monogram and Wolf/SubZero) down to the wine chillers. We typically provide a complete theater system with an in-ceiling powered screen including all the speakers and components for about the price of a good flat screen TV.
Some of our basic services before construction include:
* Prepare and refine a project timeline
* Value engineering based on client and planning feedback
* Assisting in the creation of an initial design set of drawings
* Recommending design alternatives based on cost and client desires
* Sourcing materials and service providers
* Provide competitive bid matrix and recommendations
* Refining the cost analysis for the home
* Working with local Planning and Building staff to expedite approvals
* Obtain connections to MMWD, PG&E, Comcast, Sanitary District
* Maintain green building practices upon request
We hope you consider the quality advantage and 20 years of experience available through Legacy Builders. In contrast with traditional contractors who merely attempt to follow the plans, we craft homes truly at “developer cost” by assisting in the identification and selection of appropriate services and materials. Our Developer For Hire™ service enables us to create homes using the highest craftsmanship standards.
Organizations and Licenses
Legacy Builders and its employees are members of Build It Green, Marin Builders Association, the National Association of Realtors, the California Association of Realtors, the Marin Association of Realtors, the San Francisco Association of Realtors, the San Francisco Design Center, and have licenses as General Contractor (656905), Real Estate Broker (00897308), Mortgage Broker, is a Certified Green Building Professional, and is a member of the Strawberry Design Review Board.